Monday, April 29, 2013

Fairy Kei Basics

Hey there Everyberry x3
Finally I'm writing my first post :'D ..I mean a post with interesting content xP
I thought about what I could present and then the first time I saw Fairy Kei cross my mind. At this moment I've done many researches but didn't found much information carried together on one side.
That's why I want to start with a post about the basic knowledge of Fairy Kei and stuff~
I combinated describtion by me with some tutorials and pictures to make the topic more understandable c:

First of all, Fairy Kei is a really cute street fashion style, developed from the SPANK! style. SPANK! is an 80s J-pop inspired fashion label. Fairy Kei clothes usually contain bright, pastel colours.


Hair Styles:
Fairy Kei hair styles are very flexible. Popular are ponytails or buns. The hair color is also flexible. Natural colors are often represented but you can also wear wigs in different colors.
Lawlfactory made a great video tutorial about some simple Fairy Kei hair styles.
(Btw Lawlfactory is a brilliant fashion girl, especially in Fairy Kei. Unfortunately she has stopped wearing this style some time ago)
Addes with cute accessoires like bows or hair grips you'll get a nice hair style c:
Here are some semple pictures for hair styles:


Let's get to the elementary factor of Fairy Kei: the clothes
Clothes:
Normally the clothes contain cute or patterned T-shirts with 80's characters like Care Bears or My little Pony on it. Other printings will also fit.
Tutus are often represented too. Fluffy and pastel colourd they will make your outfit more cute <':
Of coure other clothes will fit as well. For example simple skirts, dresses,... But don't forget the helpfulness of bloomers. As Lawlfactory said: "It's better to be safe than sorry!" ;'P
Socks, Leggins or tights are also important. (I love striped socks for example <3)
Don't forget the cuteness level c;

Aaand some sample pictures:



Shoes:
On the photos ahead you can see different types of shoes too. You can wear sneakers or Lolita shoes for example.


Accesoires:
For a perfect Fairy Kei style don't miss the assesoires. Cute jewelry, stuffed animals or bags; use as much as you want.








So that's it C:
(btw grammatical errors or misspellings may be retained ;'P)
At least I want to say that Fairy Kei is a very very flexible style. You have many options, in the choice of labels too. Labels like 6%DokiDoki, Milklim or Angelic Pretty look nice but they aren't essential. Sometimes H&M or Primark for example have Fairy Kei stuff too. In Addition you can make some accesoires by yourself. So it don't have to be an expensive style.
Wear what you want to, be who you like c:

I hope the post will help you get started or to find your maximum cuteness level x3 Just let yourself be inspired by pictures or videos and in time you will find your Fairy Kei style c:
See u soon,
TinkerTess ♥

2 comments:

  1. Cuteness overload~
    This is one of the things that make me wanna be a girl ^^

    ReplyDelete